On November 18 2009 at 4:02 am William Alan Bartosch was joyfully welcomed into our family. He weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 in long. We were stunned to discover that he was born with Trisomy 21, or Down syndrome. We love him unconditionally from the top of his toe-head to the tips of his toes. We know that this diagnosis will not define him. He is a happy, healthy little boy that just happens to have an extra chromosome.



Follow us on this unexpected and exciting journey as we learn how to live life Will's Way.



Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tulips


I love tulips. I have always loved tulips. Every year on Valentine's day I tell Ron not to bother with over-priced roses...all I really want is white tulips. I even loved tulips when I had to dig up over 20000 bulbs every spring at the park I worked at in Fort Wayne. I love how simple and complicated they are. I love that they are planted as a plain, boring bulb that you don't really expect much from. I love that it is hard to envision what they will look like come spring but that you do it anyway. I love that you have to have a little faith that in the future they will be beautiful:) More so than any other plant, if you are just patient and wait they are even more beautiful than you imagined.
This year tulips have a special meaning to me. I will always look at tulips in a different way because they now remind me of Holland. And of Will. And this makes me happy:)

No comments: