On November 18 2009 at 4:02 am William Alan Bartosch was joyfully welcomed into our family. He weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 in long. We were stunned to discover that he was born with Trisomy 21, or Down syndrome. We love him unconditionally from the top of his toe-head to the tips of his toes. We know that this diagnosis will not define him. He is a happy, healthy little boy that just happens to have an extra chromosome.



Follow us on this unexpected and exciting journey as we learn how to live life Will's Way.



Monday, June 13, 2011

Big Boy

So now Will has decided he is going to take the whole straw drinking issue into his own hands!  He started doing this yesterday while getting impatient with me:)


Will is getting so big and as excited as I am to see him make such great progress, part of me wants him to stay a baby forever!  I know this is a typical feeling that many parents have, but part of it is also because of my fear of his future.  The older he gets the less like his peers he will be, and I just still have a hard time with that.  Right now our life is really pretty 'normal' and Will does most everything that his peers do.  I try not to let myself think too far and just continue to take one day at a time.  For now we will sit back and sip our apple juice:)
Also take note of the end of the video...he is about ready to drop it off the tray!  This is no accident, he and I argue about this often.  Mr. Will is ornery!

1 comment:

Frances said...

He is such a big boy. Not sure what you have to drink in there but it looks really yummy based on that face! He is so adorable.