On November 18 2009 at 4:02 am William Alan Bartosch was joyfully welcomed into our family. He weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 in long. We were stunned to discover that he was born with Trisomy 21, or Down syndrome. We love him unconditionally from the top of his toe-head to the tips of his toes. We know that this diagnosis will not define him. He is a happy, healthy little boy that just happens to have an extra chromosome.



Follow us on this unexpected and exciting journey as we learn how to live life Will's Way.



Sunday, May 20, 2012

Thank You Will

I am a bit late in posting about Mother's Day but I did want to make note of what a nice and memorable day it was.  I got some nice gifts and spent a nice day with my mom and family and Ron's mom for a bit too.  I think it is nice to be honored on Mother's Day, but I think Will deserves some of the thanks as well. 
Will made me a mom.  He made me a different and yet better person.  And since I am currently reading Kelle Hampton's book 'Bloom', it is hard not to use some of her words here.  He has opened my eyes and expanded my world.   He made me an advocate and helped me to be more patient.  He has challenged me and stretched me to my limits at times, but ultimately made me stronger. 
Some people talk about losing their identity when they have kids, but I feel like I became more of myself.  He made me see things in a different way.  When Will was born, it became much clearer to me what is REALLY important in life.  And that everything is a matter of perspective. 
It is hard to believe that such a ornery little boy can do all that...but he did!




No comments: