On November 18 2009 at 4:02 am William Alan Bartosch was joyfully welcomed into our family. He weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 in long. We were stunned to discover that he was born with Trisomy 21, or Down syndrome. We love him unconditionally from the top of his toe-head to the tips of his toes. We know that this diagnosis will not define him. He is a happy, healthy little boy that just happens to have an extra chromosome.



Follow us on this unexpected and exciting journey as we learn how to live life Will's Way.



Monday, May 9, 2011

Drinking From a Straw...Finally!

Will drank 6 oz from a straw today!  With just a little push on the honey bear (straw cup that you can draw liquid into by squeezing it) he drank his chocolate milk like he had been doing it all his life:)  I have been using the honey bear on and off for about 6 months now with no success but I guess he was probably so sick of me trying it every couple of weeks that he thought he would just give in.  Proof positve that Will does things in his time...not because me or anyone else wants him to.  I have no idea where he gets this stubborness but I am thrilled that he decided it was time!

No comments: